nZeaola™ Premium Equine Oil is a different grade of oil from our food processing operation however is still manufactured as part of our food process. As with all our oil it is cold pressed within our food process, however it is not filtered to the same degree and as a result the maximum amount of nutrients and phytosterols are retained, making it ideal for conditioning growing and competing horses.
Why nZeaola™ Premium Cold Pressed Equine Oil for your Horse or Pony?
nZeaola™ Premium Equine Oil is an all NZ Grown, GE free, freshly cold pressed (each week), golden oil with a subtle nutty flavour which is a perfect cool conditioning and weight recovery feed for horses including pony club participants, hunters, eventers, dressage, showjumpers, race horses to broodmares and yearlings. Its advantages include;
- Highly palatable.
- Cool and slow release energy source which can assist in reducing feed associated flighty behaviour, fizzing or silliness.
- Provides a glossy coat and healthy hooves.
- Good source of plant based Omega 3 and also contains Omega’s 6 & 9.
- An unrefined oil (with no chemical extraction, only sedimentation and filtration) manufactured as part of our food process.
- No additives in the process or added to the product.
- A “stable” oil requiring only storage out of direct sunlight and below 20 C -unlike flaxseed oil which is very susceptible to oxidative rancidity within a short time frame.
- Contains Phytosterols.
- High level of vitamin E.
- Feeding nZeaola™ Premium Equine Oil enables a reduction in grain rations thus reducing the potential risks associated with feeding grain e.g. gut acidosis.
nZeaola™ Premium Equine Oil Feeding Guidelines
nZeaola ™ should be fed as part of a balanced diet and introduced gradually-mixed thoroughly with feed. Introduce stepwise morning and evening feeds over 10-14 days. If intending to feed more than 250ml (1 cup) increase time frame to 14-21 days.
If a high fat supplement is already being fed in a prepared compound feed then the following rates should be adjusted accordingly. Adjust according to weight, need and work rate.
–Coat shine and condition-minimum 15 ml per 100 kg or body weight per day
–Cool energy feed-minimum 50 ml per 100kg body weight per day For Equines in Work: Small Pony under 12.2 hh (275-300kg) 80 ml morning-80ml evening Large Pony 12.2-14.2hh (300-400kg) 100 ml morning-100 ml evening Hack 14.2-16.2 (400-550kg) 125 ml morning- 125 ml evening Heavy Hack/Horses in Heavy Work (>550kg) 250 ml morning- 250 ml evening
nZeaola™ Premium Equine Oil (Typical Nutritional Content)
|Crude protein||≤ 0.1||g/100 g|
|Total Fat||100.0||g/100 g|
|Saturated fat||6.5||g/100 g|
|Total sugar||≤0.1||g/100 g|
|Moisture @105°C||≤0.1||g/100 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||65.2||g/100 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||28.2||g/100 g|
|Trans fatty acids||≤0.1||g/100 g|
|Omega 3 Fatty acids||9.5||g/100 g|
|Omega 6 Fatty acids||18.6||g/100 g|
|Total vitamin E||19.8||mg/100 g|
|Cholesterol||≤ 12||mg/100 g|
* Values based on analysis undertaken by Cawthron Institute, Nelson, New Zealand.
* Values can alter slightly due to variety of seed used
nZeaola™ Premium Equine Feed Meal
It is perfect for cool conditioning and as a weight recovery feed providing additional protein (including all the 18 essential Amino Acids). It is ideal for all types of equines particularly for those requiring weight gain and conditioning including; brood mares and yearlings, horses in heavy work including; hunters, eventers, dressage, show jumpers and race horses.
Once the rapeseed seed coat is crushed in the oil extraction process the resulting meal is a high quality protein product. The Meal contains 30.6-34.4 Crude Protein (% Dry Matter). The meal still contains at least 15% residual oil which also provides an excellent energy value for equine feed. Also being cold pressed it retains within the oil the naturally occurring Omega 3, 6 & 9, Vitamin E and Phytosterols.
nZeaola ™ Premium Equine Feed Meal advantages include:
- Highly palatable
- Perfect for cool conditioning and weight recovery
- Excellent Protein source with the added bonus of 15% residual oil which is an ideal cool energy source with all the advantages of nZeaola™ Premium Equine Oil as listed above.
- Contains all 18 Essential Amino Acids
- Provides a glossy coat
- Provides for healthy hooves (contains Methionine)
- An unrefined oil (with no chemical extraction, only sedimentation and filtration)
- No additives in the process or added to the product and manufactured as part of our food process.
- Feeding nZeaola™ Premium Equine Meal enables a reduction in grain rations thus reducing the associated issues with feeding grain such gut acidosis
nZeaola™ Premium Equine Feed Meal Feeding Guidelines
nZeaola ™ Premium Equine Feed Meal is intended to be used as part of a balanced diet. It should be introduced gradually to feed and mixed thoroughly. If a high protein or fat supplement is already being fed in a prepared compound feed then the following rates should be adjusted accordingly. Ideally introduce stepwise to morning and evening feeds over 10-14 days and adjust according to weight, need and work rate.
|Weanlings||500 grams daily|
|Pregnant Mares||300 grams daily|
|Lacatating Mares||500 grams daily|
|Stallions (breeding season)||500 grams daily|
|Dressage/Event Horses/Show jumpers/Polo Ponies||300 grams daily|
|Standardbreds||500 grams daily|
|Thoroughbreds||300 grams daily|
|Ednurance Horses||400 grams daily|
For more specific requirements consult a qualified animal nutritionist or veterinarian.
nZeaola™ Premium Equine Meal Average Analysis
|Dry Matter(DM) %||87.4 – 90.0||Seed is pressed at 7% -9% moisture|
|Crude Protein (%DM)||30.6 – 34.4|
|Acid Detergent Fibre (%DM)||16.7- 19.1|
|Neutral Detergent Fibre (%DM)||20.5 – 21.1|
|Ash (%DM)||4.6 – 5.4|
|Digestibility (DOMD)%||74.9 – 77.9|
|Metabolisable Energy (MJ/kg)||15.9 – 18.1|
|Soluble sugars (%DM)||7.3 – 7.9|
|Crude Fat (%DM)||15.2 – 19.4||Residual oil higher than conventional solvent extraction due to cold pressing method|
*Values determined by a number of analyses
nZeaola™ Premium meal Amino Acid Analysis
|Rapeseed MealAmino Acid Analysis||% Total|